Tim Woods is a Professor of Architecture at the Savannah College of Art and Design, with focuses on design studios, design theory and culture, and sustainability. Prior to joining SCAD, Woods taught at the University of North Carolina, the University of South Florida and the University of Louisiana. He has always maintained a practice that includes architectural design, industrial design, and installation art and fine art in the United States, Honduras and East Africa. Most recently, his "Moon River" house was featured in a Rizzoli publication titled Southern Cosmopolitan, and his LOCI MODular house was published in Natural Life magazine.
• "Moon River House," Rizzoli publication titled Southern Cosmopolitan
• "LOCI MODular" house published in Natural Life magazine
• "Moon River House," Metropolis Magazine
• "The Future has Arrived," The South Magazine
• "Skidaway Modern," ArchitectureWeek
• Paper for ACSA Southeast Regional Conference, "Between First and Third Worlds," titled "The Village Caught Between Three Worlds"
• Paper for ACSA Southwest Regional Conference, "Internationalism, Culturalism, Regionalism"
• Paper given at Preservation Institute:� Nantucket Seminar, titled "The Preservation of a Tri cultural Building Tradition: The Act of Construction as an Anchor for the Evolution of House and Village in Rural Tanzania"
• Who's Who Among American Teachers and Educators
• American Institute of Architects Education Honor Award for a paper titled "A Layered Approach to Critical Discourse"
• Charles A. Lindberg Foundation Certificate of Merit for the Arts and Humanities supporting research in Africa under the project titled "'Ujamaa' Made Manifest: Balancing Culture, Country and Technology"
• Beaux Arts Video, Award Winner at the New York International Independent Film and Video Festival, shown in New York, Los Angeles and London
Specialties:Areas of specialization:
• Design pedagogy and theory
• Sustainability in architecture
Selected winning competitions:
• c2c-home Competition
• Installation, "Glossolalia" for "Reflections on Jane Fonda"
• Installation, "Walls from Invisible Cities #4" for "Functional Follies" competition
• Design Competition for the president's House at the University of South Florida, Honorable Mention, published in Florida Architecture magazine
LOCI Design All Rights Reserved